FILL THIS PAGE WITH SOUND 2012
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 3.30-5.00pm
The Shed (Macarthur Ave, Hawthorne, Brisbane)
are you an aspiring composer seeking feedback on your work?
fill this page with sound is an open forum for the performance and discussion of new music, as part of the 2012 UNDER_SCORED micro festival of new sounds.
fill this page with sound will uncover new sounds, new compositional voices, and new ways of talking about our art.
fill this page with sound aims to provide a supportive forum to nurture local compositional talent, and to sustain a vibrant network of music creators and music-lovers in Brisbane.
The forum will focus on the works of up to 4 composers/sound artists. Each performance will be followed by an open discussion between the composers, performers and audience. Discussion will be led by guest composers Rob Davidson (Topology) and Lawrence English (ROOM40).
- All composers and sound artists are welcome to apply - student, emerging, mid-career, established, amateur
- Works may be at any stage of development, from first drafts through to performance-ready scores
- Works must have had no prior public performance
- Works of any duration may be submitted, but only 10 minutes will be performed in the forum
- Rehearsal and performance of the selected works by professional musicians (or you may provide your own performer/s)
- Discussion of the selected work
- Audio and video documentation of the forum
Please email your submission to: email@example.com
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE FRIDAY AUGUST 24
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their submission by Friday August 31